Monday, June 20, 2011

Christmas in June!!

It's official: June 20 is my Indian Christmas.  Today, I received two giant boxes of American goodies from home (thanks, mom!).  Although I'm really excited about the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl Champions t-shirt, I think the plethora of chocolate goodies is my favorite!  Unfortunately some of the chocolate didn't arrive in the best shape.... No worries, the mass M&M was still delicious!


In other news, I just had my first confrontation with the monkeys.  I was sitting all alone on our balcony/deck doing some video chatting, when I began hearing some ruckus coming from upstairs.  Then, out of nowhere, the beast and I locked eyes.  He (or she? I was too terrified to notice) was sitting on the stairs chewing on something that looked like a battery, curiously staring at me.  Then another hopped down the stairs behind it.  I quickly (and I like to think calmly) walked down a flight of stairs to the floor my room was on and made it to my door.  I realized I should probably go close the entrance door to our hallway to make sure they don't scare any of my classmates should they come out of their room.  As I headed back to shut the door, laptop in hand, I realized I was too late - they had breached our floor.  "Sorry classmates," I thought, "you're on your own."  I've been sitting safely in the comfort of my room since the encounter and plan to stay that way until dinner is served, which is unfortunately on the balcony/deck.  Eesh.

Oh yeah -- in other news: I found my first "Gluten Free" label yesterday while shopping and wanted to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment