Tuesday, June 21, 2011

More monkeys...

We started out the day with some more monkeys... Apparently one of the men who lives here has been feeding them, which explains their constant presence!

We then had a productive field visit in the Ambalapattu area!  Since my last posts have been kind of word heavy (and because I need to spend time working on my paper), I'll just throw up some pictures!  Enjoy!

Back to school we go!

Water tap at the school for handwashing!

The GI team went to primary (elementary/middle) school!

While geotagging the water system in Ambalapattu, we (Alex - ICTPH, Erin R., Stephanie, me) stopped to check out a water tank. 

I just can't get enough of watching people carrying things on their heads!  It's so impressive!

PUPPY!

Ravi's friend preparing some coffee for the GI team!  It's such a great process to watch:  pour a layer of sugar in the cup,  followed by milk, coffee grounds, and then the boiling water.  Then, you pour it back and forth between two cups to make sure everything mixes.  Soooo cool!

1 comment:

  1. I see you went to a school - are you teaching GI related stuff to the kids? Do 10 year olds in India make hilarious poop jokes like they do here?~KL

    ReplyDelete